General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Something in door

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Something in door

well i finally got around to pulling my door panel off to see what was making noise. It sounded like something sliding around everytime i would brake and turn or kit the gas and turn. so i get it all apart and find this.

so i look all over the door wondering where the hell it could come from. and i found one on the front of the window looks like somekind of slider. the one on the car looks newer than the one i found in the bottem of the door. also it looks like the one that i found floating around was drilled. so maybe he had to replace the window and just left this peice in the bottom of the door? or is there supposed to be two on the window? just want to know so i don't break anything in the future cuz its missing something. the other question i had is that clearish plastic i had to peel back to get in the door do i NEED that or can i take it off? i'll put it back on if i have to but i don't like dealing with that black junk they put on it its hard to get out of everything
Old 08-14-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that snaps on your door glass and is rivited on holds the window in place.make sure they are there it looks to me that one has been drilled already so they may all be there. In that case everything is ok. If not you need to rivit in back in place. A glass shop will have to do this for you take special rivits and gun.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also try and put the plastic back on even you can tape it on. That is su[pposed to keep moisture out of the door..
Old 08-14-2006, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

ohh ok so i'll probably put that plastic back on tomarow. the window has one of the holders on it already and it looks decently new so i'm just assuming they drilled it and left it in the bottom of the door for me to find rattleing around
Old 08-14-2006, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

thanks