General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ever so slight miss at idle and lower rpms

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ever so slight miss at idle and lower rpms

I have a tinny miss at idle that is barely noticeable and this stays consistent when you raise the rpms and hold them steady, but you can not tell if you are driving or not listening for it., car still runs great but I noticed it when I went to the track and I was down a couple mph from last week and this was in colder weather then last. I just recently fixed my intake oil leak, and it has been doing it ever since then (3-4 days). All vacuum lines are hooked up right. I checked for any vacuum leaks with starting fluid I also pulled a couple plugs and they were white with almost a tan tint. My opti vacuum hoses were broke so I fixed them, and for some reason the one way valve wasn't working (clogged) so I replaced it. And the only other thing is that when I put my injectors back on I broke one of the pieces of plastic that are above the o-ring on the injector maybe that’s a problem, but I don’t think so because I pulled the plug and it look like the others. My guesses right now are OPTI, 02 sensors because when I extended them for the long tubes maybe I didn’t do a good job and they finally got saturated from the oil leak when it was leaking, or the injector. Any thoughts I hate to through parts at it when it doesn’t need them.

Car has
New wires
New plugs
New fuel filter
New airfilter
New Pcv valve

And mods are:
1.) Manual Fan switch
2.)160 degree stat
3.)Mad z28 Tune
4.) Pacesetter long tube
5.) Off road Y pipe
6.) Electronic cutout
7.) SLP clutch
8.) Airlift air Bag
9.)BMR Adjustable torque Arm
10.)Throttle body bypass
11.)Cold air intake with K&N filter
12.)Raptor shift light
13.)BMR Relocation brackets

I would love to get some other opinions on this.Thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

are you getting any ses codes? have you made some fast acceleration passes with the rpms in between 4 - 5 thousand. My ws6 did the small mis thing and it seemed to run fine but them when i went to race some one the ses light would come on and i'de lose all sorts of power. ses light came back as low voltage rear O2 sensors. it ended up being my MAF sensor so i bought a SLP unit and haven't had that problem yet. unless i'm mistaken you don't have an aftermarket MAF?
Old 08-25-2006, 10:32 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine did this from new. I believe it has to do
with the PCM's mixture dithering in closed loop,
wandering lean to the point of misfire before it
swings back the other way. "Proportional Fuel".
Old 08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Mine kind of does the same thing. I've just learned to live with it.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

Well thier is no ses light and like i said the car runs great when im on it or just cruising. It just that little breakup at idle. It never did this before so i was assuming it was something i did, mabey not. jimmyblue might have a point but im an Lt1 with obd1 and the obd1 software is not near as sensitive to misfires and not as complex alltogether. Im thinking i should just get a new optispark, still not sure tho.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

I have the a similar problem too. My car will have a slight miss around 1300 rpms when in second gear. I do have a ses light on but its for my rear o2s. Will this be my problem? Also I noticed when I put my cap on my cut out, That it dont mis have as bad???
Old 08-25-2006, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

well i Am ruling out O2's and what Jimmy blue said becasue i unpluged the o2's to force open loop status and it has the same problem. I think its either the Opti or a injector.