General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Wont Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wont Start

Well today i changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap, and rotor. Got it all installed and out the water pump back on and the radiator fan and the air box. Now the car wont turn over when i try to turn it on, anyone have any ideas what i could have done wrong. I checked the firing order twice to make the wires were connected right and they are. . So now the fuel pump turns and the motor is getting fuel cause you can smell it when it is turning over but it just wont turn on.,. anyone have any of ideas of what it could be i will greatly appreciate it, Im pretty sure if it is the distributor or not,,, it use to power on fine before i changed, but the car was missing real bad so i changed all that stuff.. Thanks for the help
Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

did you plug the connectors back in? there is one off the opti, one on the ignition module, if you have a stock style coil, there are connectors for that, too. FWIW, if the PCM doesn't see a signal from the opti, it will stop firing the fuel injectors. the fuel pump will turn off, as well, unless the engine creates enough oil pressure while you are cranking to keep the fuel pump on.