General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vehicule rpm dips occasionnaly in indle

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vehicule rpm dips occasionnaly in indle

Howdy folks!
The title says it all! Well it just started doing this lately and it's pretty weird and I am a little nervous about it all. When I come to a stop or when I warm the car up in idle it will do that at times. The car will simply seem like its going to die but comes right back up. When it does that coming to a stop the car brakes are also affected... so it really bothers me. It will pretty much go from ~600rpm to 0 rpm and back to ~600rpm. And it doesn't do that at all times just once in a while. I have changed plugs to TR55's and still :S At the moment I'm think idle air controller or vaccum problem. Just seeking advice!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

is your battery holding a constantly 13V+ charge? Maybe having an alternator problem.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Actually I thought about that as well and I checked the gauge and it stays steady on 13V. I had a problem like that before with another car... I didn't check exactly what is the reading when it actually does that so this is one more thing for me to verify... I would hope it's that but it's most probably not the case
Old 10-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Launching!

having same sort of issue - volts seem constant.. only dip when the engine faulters.

bump for more help for this guy.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im having the same issue as well...please someone post up
Old 10-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Alright I have a little more insight on this...

Well the problem isn't fixed but my check engine light suddently went on for a two days and then shut itself off. What I can say is that I had my codes checked and they came up with a faulty heated oxygen sensor on bank1 (not sure which one it is out of the two), lean condition on bank1 and something else... The dude who checked my codes told me my hesitation can very well be caused by a faulty oxygen sensor :S I would think the computer would pick it up faster then that and not let it stall... don't you guys think so as well? I was thinking of finding a good deal on o2's and changing all 4. They are 8 yrs old after all.
I also tried to switch the fuel relay to another relay under the hood... Seemed like it helped it but not entirely sure.
I have now stored my car for winter and will only get it out next summer... Hopefully i'll have more insight on this before then so I know what to look at
Old 10-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Launching!

I had a vacum leak - i'd check for one of them before I replace the o2's etc.
soon as I cleared that up car ran fine, no codes, idled perfect, no hesitation.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Just so everybody knows I fixed this issue. It was a vaccuum leak... My PCV valve was simply disconnected due to some dumbass gm mechanics. Trust now one with your cars guys!!!

My PCV hose was rotten to bits so I rigged one up with some fuel hose and a different PCV valve that has two hose connectors at the ends.