General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

My 02 trans am is being a FORD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 02 trans am is being a FORD!

After going through a car wash or hitting a puddle of water the electrical goes all psyco in my car. All the instrument lights flash tcs, abs, and so on. The blower motor for the A/C and heat will even lack power. You can feel it push in a lot of air then after you hit that puddle of water it lacks all the air that it had before.

Also the turn signal light is like a light green. When I turn the turn signal on its brighter solid green. (why is it doing that?)When I engage the high beams the fog lights turn off but no high beams. None of the turn signals work.. When I engage the emergency flashers the rears are the only ones that work.

WTF is wrong, should i just sell this?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have a turn signle light out on either or both sides which is causing the solid light and no flashers. As for your other electricity you should check your wires and grounds. Could be your alt. saying ciao
Old 03-26-2007, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

oh **** you have a problem.... look and see if any wires are exposed near the pcm or ecu or whatever it is its on the left lol its where the tac wires and dash controls are ran to. Or it could be your alternator but your battery would read allmost dead at the time its happening.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Teching In

did i mention that the alternator gauage pegs into the Red..... GM replaced the altenatore
Old 03-26-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have a serious wire problem, check your grounds and see if any wires are broke or britte