General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

omg wtf i cant get the ..........

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default omg wtf i cant get the ..........

cant get the windshiled wipers off my 99 camaro? it's never been a problem before on any other car till now.... i have tried everything even went out and bought a terminal puller still didnt work on the pass side and drivers cant even get this on it to try, on drivers side tried heating it up with a small butane pencil torch no luck???? what tha-hell somebody help me please i want them off so i can respray them beside i need to get my windshield replaced because of some cracks also tried side to side motion stilll didnt work, looks like they have never came off and they have damn threadlocked the hell outta them or something help !!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CULATR
cant get the windshiled wipers off my 99 camaro? it's never been a problem before on any other car till now.... i have tried everything even went out and bought a terminal puller still didnt work on the pass side and drivers cant even get this on it to try, on drivers side tried heating it up with a small butane pencil torch no luck???? what tha-hell somebody help me please i want them off so i can respray them beside i need to get my windshield replaced because of some cracks also tried side to side motion stilll didnt work, looks like they have never came off and they have damn threadlocked the hell outta them or something help !!!!!!!

ya i put some new wipers on my firebird but i cant take them off now i need to repaint them black and replace the drivers one the plastic cracked on it I got a spare i got off my 96 roller (which i cracked the windshield getting it off)
Old 11-29-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Get a cheapo two jar puller from O'Reilly's. I got mine off with that. I had to work with it and even mod the tool via cutting on it but i got it to work.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will come off they are just hard wiggle them up and down and back and forth. Use a big flat head and pry the bottom as you pushing and pulling they will come off...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Get a cheapo two jar puller from O'Reilly's. I got mine off with that. I had to work with it and even mod the tool via cutting on it but i got it to work.

Got a pic of this cheapo two jar puller ??? Like i said i even tried haet with them bad thing is before hand i was prying with a screwdriver and cracked my windshiled so thats how tight they are o there and yea i know about wiggling on them i've tried for the last 2 days
Old 11-29-2006, 10:07 PM
...with cheese.

They make a special puller just for GM Wipers if I'm not mistaken. Do a google search, I guess I understand why they make this tools now. Prying the wipers off using the windshield as a pivot point always makes my butthole pucker up...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Ummm I could find it but it is going to be on the wkend. No time right now.

It was in the aisles. Took it and made the bar handle on top shorter. Modded the jaws.

I will try to get a pic soon. Some guy wants to buy some of my factory wheels so if the deal goes through maybe ill break into the old storage eariler than the wkend.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Armageddon
They make a special puller just for GM Wipers if I'm not mistaken. Do a google search, I guess I understand why they make this tools now. Prying the wipers off using the windshield as a pivot point always makes my butthole pucker up...

yea i heard that you should have seen me when i heard my glass crack arrggghhhhh ow well my grandfathers tight with a glass company so after i got over being sick for awhile i was ok but i still gotta get the dang things off regardless !!! got pics of this special tool??
Old 11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

I promise guys dont give up I am a windshield man you can get them off with no tools. Push up and down on the wiper about 5 inches from the stud with someone prying up on the wiper by the stem. It will pop off.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

LoL so i came home today and decided its me or the windshield and being as i already cracked the windshield i started in again with its already cracked whats the worst that can happen now in my head. well i had to walk off saying a few choice words after awhile came back and cussed it a few times pulled up one time and like magic they came off lol of course now i gotta get my windshield fixed go figure .....well just figured i would let everone know that my wipers are evil and from hell lol ......thanks all