General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

70,000 miles, what maintenence needs to be done?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 70,000 miles, what maintenence needs to be done?

My LS1 has almost 70,000 miles on her!
I change the oil around every 6,000 miles with royal purple or mobil one and use a K&N large filter & i've changed spark plugs & wires twice.
Somewhere between 50,000 & 60,000 miles ago, I had my cam put in. I imagine by now I need some new valvesprings for it right?
Also, my car kinda feels like a boat so it definitely needs some new shocks though I don't know if I'll get the mass produced monroes or bilstein HD. I daily drive my car & if i race or go to the track, it's only in a straight line.
I've got some squeaks too so I'll probably just have a shop replace bushings & such.
Probably around 30,000-40,000 miles ago, my tranny was rebuilt. You don't really ever need to change tranny fluid though unless it's a different color or somethin funky's goin on with it right?
Do I need to do anything with my brake fluid?
A guy ran into me a few weeks ago & I'm supposed to get my car back this friday so i'm gettin excited. I'm plannin on doing a full seafoam treatment, then changing the oil after 100 miles, and the fuel filter too. Is it hard to change the fuel filter?
Then I wanna do what I said above. I went so long without any money and my car just acted as my daily driver for the past 2 1/2 years, and now that I have some money again, I wanna get her fully freshened back up and running great!
jeez, this thread is such a mess, I really don't think when i'm writing i guess, but i'm just lookin to see if I'm on the right track or if i'm missin stuff or if some stuff isn't necessary. Thanks a lot guys!
-Chris
Old 12-11-2006, 05:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have you had your fuel filter changed?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

not yet, is it hard to do?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

No, it's on the driver side, by the rear tire. 10 mins to change.