General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Secondary Air injection system-Bank 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secondary Air injection system-Bank 2

Help! my check engine light is on, I got a diagnostic and it came up with the code for my secondary air injection system bank 2...i understand that there is a valve in there that is either stuck open or stuck closed, and that the part is about 13 bucks and maybe 22 minutes to fix myself. Problem is, I cant find the air pump that this is connected to, even with my haynes manual. I also dont know what the valve looks like, when I tell the people at the parts stores what im looking for they dont know what im talking about and show me pictures of valves. any images would be great...thanks!
Old 12-16-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

P1416? It's the black disc shaped metal valve (passenger side) between the metal air pipe coming off the front of the exhaust manifold/then connects to the hose above the #4 cyl? coil pack. No need to locate the air pump, but it's under the drivers side headlight cavity. GM PN is 12565503 - maybe they can cross reference it. Easy to replace, just unhook the hose, use 2 wrenches to unscrew it - one to turn the valve, and the other to hold the metal pipe steady.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Ill give it a shot probably next weekend. If I cant find it(which is possible because im not great at finding stuff) ill try to describe what i see on my engine and in my haynes manual.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's what they look like on a LT1 - your setup/location is different - but gives you an idea what they look like. http://shbox.com/1/diverters.jpg

Quick Reply: Secondary Air injection system-Bank 2