General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES acting weird, was On now Off and I didn't fix anything

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SES acting weird, was On now Off and I didn't fix anything

Ok this is kind of strange. I recently put FLP headers on a 99 A4 z28. The guy who was suposed to delete the rear O2 codes appeared to have missed two, P0140 and P0160 (no activity sensor 2) came up when the SES light came on along with P0135 (O2 heater issue). I figure no big deal, get the P0140 and P0160 codes deleted and put Bosch 13111 O2s in. Well today The light goes off and is staying off. I thought burnt out bulb, but with the car in "on" but not running, the SES light is lit up in this position. I start the car and the SES light goes off but I still should have the above codes in the PCM so the SES light should come on. Then when I turn the car off but ignition switch still in the "on" position the SES is not lit.

This shouldn't be right, should it? In 'on" with the car not running the SES should always be lit, correct? Also, If two rear O2 codes were not deleted and need to be the SES should remain lit until the codes are cleared or a drive cycle shows no thrown codes. Any ideas?

I know LS1 are touched by God, but they can't just adapt to missing rear O2s without all the appropriate codes being deleted