General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

need help with a lighting problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 11:48 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with a lighting problem

front turn signals and daytime running lights quit workin. rear turns still work and front park lights come on when you turn on headlight switch. emergency flashers work on the rear but not the front. anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

i have a similar problem... let me know if you figure it out
Old 01-20-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a similar problem with one of my front turn lights not working until I actually turned on the lights. When I would go to signal however the back break light would come on and stay on. I went ahead and took out the front turn signal light and found out why, water had gotten in the light assembly and corroded the connections and crackled the orange paint on the bulb. I replaced the one and the other turn light went out on the trip home from the parts store. Opened it up and the same problem. If i was you I'd just replace the front blinker bulbs they were only like 5 bucks and were easy enough to change you won't even need any tools. Let me know if you need instructions on changing them.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

I just fixed the problem I had with mine. Front left DRL was not coming along w/ not blinking, althought it did when I used keyless entry. This also caused my rear DS to not blink.

I went in and took off the drl housing and the socket was completely melted, along w/ the end of the bulb. Went to a junkyard and got a replacement socket and put a new bulb in as well. Twisted the right wires together and vwolla. Fixed it all.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

When i took my bulbs out there are two filaments in the turn signal bulbs. This is probably why they come on when you turn on the lights but the running lights don't work. Again it is to cheap to not just replace them and have the chance to look at the sockets to make sure those are fine too. And if you don't need the bulbs then you have 2 replacements just in case