General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Speedo Keeps jumpin Around

Old 01-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speedo Keeps jumpin Around

Alright well my speedometer has been like cutting out for a while. Whenever I want to get on it or get into it on the highway it will like dip down to like 50 or 40 or whatever and then when I let off or get out of the gas it comes right back up to the speed im going. Well I pulled the VSS out a while back and cleaned it off and it got better for a while but now its getting worse. Well I went to get a new VSS and I was talkin to a guy in a GM dealership that I know and he said to make sure its not my cluster...that GM has had a lot of problems with their clusters but I havent heard of that too much on Fbody's. And he also said that it could be I have too much play in the output shaft of the tranny and whenever i get into the gas it wants to pull away from the sensor therefore not getting a signal. But I have also never really heard of that before with the T56's so I thought Id run it past you guys to see what you thought. Any help would be great. Thanx
Old 01-20-2007, 08:14 PM
Launching!

anyone got any ideas?
Old 01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like it could be vss, but if you wanted to check the output shaft couldn't you just go try to wiggle it on the end of the trans?

Search this Thread