General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

How much for a quality rock-chip fix?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much for a quality rock-chip fix?

As I'm sure some of you have seen me bragging about in other threads, I recently purchased a black 1999 WS6 and it's a really sharp looking piece of equipment, but I can't help but notice that there are a few more road scars on it than I had on my 1998 black TA. There are no major defects except for a bit of spider webbing on the rear bumper.

I'm located near Charlotte, NC, if it matters, and I was wondering what do you guys think would be a reasonable price to pay for a good (orange peel and overspray-free) detail job to get these little battle wounds out? Just ballpark it for me so I know how much NOT to spend on my stereo haha.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

well id do the masking off and such myself.. save money and make sure its done right (no overspray) and if u do get orange peel if u know how to wetsand its pretty easy (makes those cheap jobs look $$$$)

Old 01-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Haha anything with "sand" in the title I'm not going to even attempt myself. I leave the work to a professional when dealing with anything that could potentially ruin my paint.