General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

windows sound down but really up???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windows sound down but really up???

when im on the freeway and my windows are rolled up it sounds as though they are rolled halfway down.....what the hell is up with that ish????? i CANT STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might have a bad seal with your t-tops. I had this same problem. I read once there is a mod you can to do actually get the windows to push up more than they do from the factory using the stock window motor but I forgot how to do it.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Maybe a door jam adjustment.
Some cars have plastic retainers near the tops of the windows to keep the window from popping out during highspeeds and pressure differences. I would agree with a T-top, door or window seal also.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

how hard is it to replace the t-top seals????
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My drivers side does the same thing. On mine you can see where the drivers side mirror housing meets the weather stripping that it is a little out of alignment somewhere. There's a significant indentation there on the weatherstripping. When I get my windows tinted in the spring I'm going to try and have it fixed. For now it actually sounds a little better when I put the window all the way up and then bring it down just a hair.

After reading this thread it looks like maybe somebody tried the jimmy rig thing to get the window to go up higher. Sometimes people don't put the t-tops on right and they leak a little so they start messing with other things to prevent the leaks when all they need to do is learn how to put the tops on correctly. There is a right and a wrong way and it can easily cause leaks if you do it wrong.