General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

HELP! E-Brake question!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! E-Brake question!!!

Okay, so when I was fighting to put my console back in my car sunday, I noticed this little spring on the floor of the car. I didn't think too much of it - didn't look familiar to me...so I sat it inside the console for the time being. Well...after all is said and done, I drive my car out later that night...I go to park and lo and behold - the emergency break is all loose. I had NO clue why. WEEEEEEEELL..here we are 3 days later - I go and take my car to get the oil changed and get it inspected...it DIDN'T PASS!!! I didn't realize that my emergency brake had to be working to pass. I'm driving home, and I remember that little friggin' spring! Could it be that this little spring had something to do with my emergency brake? And if so, I need someone to show me a picture of where it's supposed to go so I can get it back in there and go get my inspection sticker. I just snapped a quick picture of the damn little thing:

Last edited by 2000SSGirl; 01-31-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Possible, hard to say though. Best thing to do is to remove the console and work the ebrake handle and look at the moving parts to see if something looks like its missing.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I took the console back out and managed to figure out where the spring went. Sooo, everything is fine now!

Search this Thread