General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Problem: "motor bogs", need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Problem: "misses at WOT", need help!!

well i felt like cruising with the dual cutouts open making some noise on the streets.... anyways when i was cruising i went to floor it and all of a sudden the motor starts to struggle at wot and the all the needles on the guage cluster start goin crazy... i pull over and turn off the car thinking thats it, she's dead... went to start it up and has a hard time turning over. again with more gas and starts with a couple of backfires... it drives fine when babying it but when given more gas, the motor struggles, car bogs, and guage needles go crazy... anyone know what might have happened? it idles high on a cold start, revs fine in neutral, no obvious tapping sound from motor... anyone know where this newb should start? im thinking grounding wires?

mods are heads, cam, injectors, ls6 intake, ported tb/ oil pump, lts, etc...
99,xxx mi. on the block

Last edited by IGNANt; 02-10-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:05 AM
On The Tree

i couldnt find or get to the rear ground wire so just made a new one from the front of the driverside head to the frame. it kinda helped it hasnt bogged when wot but i quickly let go of the gas the guages still turn off then on... is there a ground wire from the tranny to the frame?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

ive never seen a ground wire on the tranny but, i did have a problem similiar to this, check youre starter wires, my rubber insulation was burned off by the headers so both power and ground kept touching and shorted but it only happened at wot. that may not be the problem but just another thing to check.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are alot of ground wires along the sides of the engine bay
Old 02-07-2007, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

so can this be a grounding issue? i drove it around earlier and the motor just shut off... the hi beam light and both turn signals are lit when the ignition is on... and now the car wont start...$#@!$#@$!!!