General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stupid windows!

Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid windows!

alright i have decent mechanic skills but when it comes to windows i suck. my driver side window first started catching in the front about maybe an inch - inch 1/2 before the top. so i had to use my hand and help it along when rolling it up. I could have delt with that for a while, no big deal. then, one day at the back of my window, i started to roll it down and it grabbed my tint and started peeling it away. i guess the window was leaning-in too far? oh well my girlfriends dad tried helping me fix it with no success. and now with the windows up all the way if i open my door and close it there is a gap around the back because both windows are not seated at the top. can this happen in cold weather?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nope got something wrong inside the door need to take the panel off and look around...
Old 02-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Teching In

i had the same problem, and then it stopped rolling up or down period..i took off the panel and went to work....found out that the reason it wasnt working wasnt the window motor, but the fact that the motor wasnt even connected to where it actually rolls the window up and down (where the gears meet)....so the gear was just spinning in there (behind my window) everytime i tried to roll up or down....this was probably the case for it stopping before the top and rolling up and down so slow......rescrewed and placed the motor back in position....worked fine since then...

Search this Thread