General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

electric water pump installed...intake problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electric water pump installed...intake problem

hey guys, i've installed a meizer water pump on my 1994 firebird formula. I've nearly got it all done, but I can't seem to get the stock intake to go back on. there's seems to be a plastic snorkel that drops down after the MAF that is in the way. it is a sealed plastic tube, so I don't know what effect it has. Is there a way around this problem?

also, does anyone have any good wiring diagrams for this pump? I've been looking to no avail. thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Teching In

anyone??? is it safe to just cut off this tube and plug the hole afterwards?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

The tube is just an air intake silencer. You can get a 1LE or aftermarket elbow that does not have it. I guess you can just cut it off if you can come up with a safe way to plug it. You don't want to suck anything into the throttle body. I read something about using a shampoo bottle, but I can't remember what kind.

I can't help you with the wiring.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Teching In

well i pulled it out the tube and just taped off the opening really well for the time being. I guess now would be the time to upgrade to some sort of aftermarket intake.

anyone have recommendations for the wiring? or what would be a good positive wire to tap into to power this thing. draws like 8 amps ive been told, but has a 20amp fuse.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Teching In

okay i've gotten it all working, wired up. i've bled it when it's cold, and then after the car was warmed up. The temperature still seems to be climbing slowly at an idle. After looking closely, it seems the fans aren't turning on. How can I trouble shoot this? Or what would I need to replace if the fans are working but something else is causing them to not turn on. sorry for all the questions, pretty new to doing car work on something other than my dune buggy.