General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Factory Alarm Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 12:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Alarm Questions

Tonight when i came home i noticed that when i got out of the car that i hit the lock button to activate my alarm that none of my exterior lights came on. Such as the turn signals or the brake lights. I also noticed that when i deactivate my alarm and open the door my security light begins to blink but when i shut the door it turns off. This has never happened before and wanted to make sure this isn't going to affect my factory alarm system or keyless entry. If anybody can give me an idea of what happened i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
-Joel
Old 02-18-2007, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

I am not sure how the "factory system" operates, but I do know that some aftermarket systems have different programming modes. Basically you can program your alarm system to work in "silent" mode and other such features. You may have accidentally programmed your alarm to run silent. Kind of defeats the purpose I know, but some people just want the keyless entry feature and not the annoying alarm system that goes off everytime a bird ***** on it. So, check your manual or call the dealer and see if you have that on your system.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

Well thats the thing the horn still honks when i hit the alarm, but its the lights that don't blink when i hit it. Such as if i were to leave my foglight switch active they would go on and off when i hit the alarm with the other lights. Yet last night i tried it with the switch active and not even the foglights blinked. Yet all the lights work perfectly fine when i turn the ****.
-Joel
Old 02-18-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try arming it without using the remote and see if they flash - with the factory setting I just push the lock button on the drivers door and close it - no horn but the lights flash.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

I also noticed that when i got into the car today that when i turned on the car none of the lights that usually light up such as SES, air bag, etc. turned on and my rpm needle stayed down as if the car was off yet i had just turned it on. Also my radio is completely out no radio or time. I have a thought maybe its a fuse anybody got any ideas.
-Joel
Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 PM
On the tree

Bad battery or connection on the battery.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Well i just checked out the car and the problem was the power/access. fuse its a #15. When i put it in everything lit up perfectly fine, and when i hit the alarm the outer lights flash on with no problem. Radio and time work as well. I also connected my Diablo Sport to see what SES codes i was throwing one was my clutch circuit switch which i am going to change, and the other was P1626 - Anti-Theft. I have never thrown this code and i am wondering if maybe this code came on since maybe the blown fuse had something to do with it.
-Joel