General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Glove Box Light Switch Bracket??!??!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:00 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Glove Box Light Switch Bracket??!??!

I was wondering if anyone can answer this....

The switch inside the glove box, at the top, is working properly, but the bracket that holds it is broken....

I can't really explain what it looks like, but basically the bottom half broke off so it doesn't hold the switch there anymore.....the switch just hangs there and does no good.

Is the bracket part of the glove box or the dash, cause I would like to fix it....but I don't wanna buy a whole new dash....

Any help???

-James
Old 02-21-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah its part of the dash i broke mine as well putting a bottle of tequila in there
Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
yeah its part of the dash i broke mine as well putting a bottle of tequila in there
So the answer to my question is that I either have to make a new bracket (somehow) ...or buy a new dash AWESOME
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by firebirdman469
So the answer to my question is that I either have to make a new bracket (somehow) ...or buy a new dash AWESOME
I was able to fix mine by sliding the switch in place, drilling a very small hole on both sides in the arms of the bracket, and installing two small sheet metal screws with metal/rubber washers. The metal side of the washer under the screw head and the rubber side overlapping the switch and the arm of the bracket. The bottom half of the bracket was broken off, leaving two arms remaining pointed down. The switch would slide up from the bottom but would not stay in place without the screws.

Quick Reply: Glove Box Light Switch Bracket??!??!