General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Winter truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter truck

I wasnt sure where to put it but i have a 98 tahoe and the tail lights are staying on now. Headlights are off just the tail lights and my remote starter does not work. Just looking for any input what people think might be the problem.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

have you done any rewiring lately? Either something got put back together wrong, or a wire may have shorted to your tail light power lines. Take a close look at your remote starter control module. Mostly likely, you have short or miswire there somewhere.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Teching In

i havnt touched messed with any wires i just woke up and they were on .Where is the remote starter control module?
Old 02-23-2007, 01:21 PM
9 Second Club

Your brake lamp swich (white boke along the side of the pedal) has went bad and says the brakes are being pushed...

my opinion, not sure but an idea
Old 02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Teching In

my buddy said same thing but its not the brake lights its the running lights.brake lights work when i push the brake peddle
Old 02-24-2007, 06:19 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tripdoc6
i havnt touched messed with any wires i just woke up and they were on .Where is the remote starter control module?
I'm not sure where the module is. Is it a factory installed or aftermarket? If factory, it might show where in a chilton's or something. Sometimes I'll call a GM dealership and ask where it is and they're usually willing to tell you.

You might want to start pulling fuses and see which one kills the tail lights. It supposed to be the fuse labelled tail lights but if you have a short to something else, it'll be another one. If the tail light fuse makes the lights go out, then I would suspect a bad switch somewhere. These types of problems are REALLY tough to solve. You'll have to get your voltmeter and start ruling some things out.

Or... just disconnect the battery when you park.