General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need help quick, electronic problems, no start

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help quick, electronic problems, no start

i'll start from the beginning. car ran fine yesterday, good battery, good alternator, no problems. bolt on car, so no real engine mods. yesterday i took off the lid to show one of my friends how the cai piece bolts up, and i put it back on and hesitated starting, but after a couple sec drove fine. driving home last night, my ses light came on, didnt think anything of it since it's come on before for 02 sensors.

today i get in the car, start it up, it barely idles, so i figure maybe i didnt get the lid and bellows tight around the maf and it wasnt reading the air correctly, so i turn the car off and tighten everything up and made sure it was on securely, checked batt cables, go back to start the car, turn key and lights come on and gauges go wacko. speedo goes up to like 100 and goes back down, tach goes up and down once too, turn key to start and car clicks and goes dead. then i hear a clicking noise from behind the dash on the pass side behind the glove box. turned the key and nothing comes on but the ding noise that lets you know your keys are still in the ignition, but it's going wacko too. try the key a couple more times, and eventually nothing works, even the clicking noise went away.

so now my car is dead and i have no idea whats wrong or where to start checking.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Launching!

Holly cow man you got issues. LOL. NO just kiding. The clicking is probley the system check. Like when you unhook the battery for a long period of time the lights pop up and the relays click. It will also do this after you get a tune done. Start checking all your grounds and be sure the power wire from the battery isnt shorted anywere. To me that would be the best place to start. Get your battery tested also. And make sure the belt didnt chew through the power wire going to the altanator or anything else.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My money is on the battery - I'd get it load tested. SES may or may not be related, if you can get the code(s) read first do that - when you pull the battery will probably be erased.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got it figured out today, it was a dirty maf connector. i guess when i unplugged it i got some leaf fragments in it and it caused everything to short out when i turned the key over lol. well everything is good now, no ses light anymore, it turned out to be a random misfire signal, dont know why that came on lol. i'll have to hook it up to a genisis at school and see what's going on. thanks for your input guys.