General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

PLease help my car is bogging down!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLease help my car is bogging down!!!

Ok i need as much input on this as i can because it is gonna eat my track times alive if i cant figure it out. Some of you may think i am making this up but I swear to it ,its legit.

Ok here is whats goin on. I take off in first and paddle the throttle to catch traction, i shift hard into second and it of course spins and i eventually catch being WOT. Once i get the RPMS up to about 6300-6500 in second i shift hard into to third just as i did from 1st to second. The difference this time is that it boggs down. I keep on the gas and approximately in two seconds it stops bogging and again runs like a bat out of hell. It reacts like the traction control is kicking in but it is off and obviously not engaging in first and second. If i do not shift hard, still wide open throttle, and give it approx a second between 2-3 it usually doesnt do this but if i ever power shift (still granny shifting lifting the throttle) it always boggs. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS!?!?!?!

the most baffling thing is i dont know why it would not do this from 1st to second. It boggs from 2-3 and 3-4. not sure about after that yet but that is enough to affect my times by a full second.

Please help me with this if you have had any simular problems or are an expert tuner/mechanic or just anyone who can help me figure out what i nthe world is wrong!

p.s. my mods are in my sig below