General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Cruise Control Clutch switch question HELP!?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Clutch switch question HELP!?!

Ok i have a 98 trans am w/o TC and the cruise control does work. When i hit the switch to turn it out, nothing, not lights, wont set, doesnt work at all. I went through the entire GM flow-chart diagnostic procedure. Everything worked all the way to the last step. It then told me to replace CC module. However, before i buy one, i read a little bit and found that besides the brake light switch, there is also a clutch disengagement switch. I found the switch, which was loose and backed way out. I tried to adjust it back in, but i still couldnt get it to work. My question is does anyone know if this is a Normally open, or normally closed switch? I unplugged the switch, and jumped the two terminals with a fused jumper and i still couldnt get it to work. I was wondering if there was another way to bypass this so i could see if this is the problem.

Sorry for the 10 page book, but i figured the more detail the better.

Let me know what you guys think
Old 03-03-2007, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

The switch on the clutch pedal for the CC is a normally closed switch. When you push the cluth in it breaks the circuit opening up the CC. I would use a ohm meter and test the switch/adjust it so the operation above mentioned, is ok.

If you jumped the connector at this switch and it still does not work and all voltages are where they are supposed to be then I would think it is the modual too. You should be able to get one from a boneyard cheeper then new.

Keep us posted.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ya the switch is got a good ground, and is receiving b+. I jumped it again and nothing. Everything else still checks out so i guess its the module.