General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help!!!!

so i replaced my clutch today,got it down and was about to bleed the clutch when i tried to turn her over. the problem is, she wont start easily. when i turn the engine over it just turns and dose not catch (like there is no fuel getting to the engine). but if i keep the pedal to the floor for a sec it will catch, and then proceds to idle at around 2-2500k....i looked under the trans and every thing seems to be pluged in to the rightful plug. anyone know what would be wrong?!? i need some advide asap!!! any help would be great!

Last edited by RICEBURNER; 03-03-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you say if you hold the gas pedal to the floor it will start, and then idle high?
If you hold the pedal down and the PCM sees a WOT signal from the throttle position sensor it sends the PCM into clear-flood mode. This causes a huge drop in long term fuel trim (very little fuel into the engine). Instead of getting too little fuel...you might be getting way to much.

just something to look into.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

well, the engine wont catch if the throtle is not open a good way...just turns over no firing...
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RICEBURNER
well, the engine wont catch if the throtle is not open a good way...just turns over no firing...
ya that definitely seems like too much fuel...if the pcm sees an input of 75% or more from the TPS it goes into clear-flood and cuts fuel. You might want to get a fuel pressure test kit, or borrow one, and get a fuel pressure reading off the schrader valve on the fuel rail to see if you are getting fuel pressure and go from there. Also take a look at your vacuum diagram under hood and make sure you dont have any vacuum lines off (this could explain your high idle).
Old 03-03-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

well, with the high idle, i did not do anything under the hood, and right before i removed the trans the car started and ran fine. but now, it is all messed up.....
Old 03-03-2007, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Question

t t t? need my car!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats really weird. I'd definitely go over all connections and make sure everyhting is connected. Then check vacuum lines and fuel pressure. I cant believe any trans connections would cause a no start/super rough idle. Just start hitting basics. Make sure its got gas, its got fuel pressure, spark at each cylinder, and air. Eventually you'll find out the one missing element fuel, spark, air, and compression and find out whats cause it to not start.

Still seems like its vacuum, rich oriented.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

could the flywheel possibly be messed up? Thats just a random guess btw. Ive honestly never heard of anything like that before.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blk97WS6
could the flywheel possibly be messed up? Thats just a random guess btw. Ive honestly never heard of anything like that before.
ya exactly, it doesnt seem like there could be anything transmission oriented you could have done to distrupt engine start/idle. Just check your basic things and see what its missing. If the engine cranks, has fuel, has spark, air, and compression it will start and run. Eventually you will find the one thing thats not right and we can go from there to find out whats going on.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the help guys. im going to trouble shoot her tmorrow and hopefully find the problem...i love aving a prob that no one has heard of! LOL!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

anyone else have any ideas?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

t t t