General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

replacing weatherstripping yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing weatherstripping yourself.

tons of threads talkin about replacing them, but is replacing the weatherstripping something I should do myself or just take it a bodyshop to put it on. I havn't really taken a look at it, but im guessing you just rip the old stuff off and "glue?" new weatherstripping on.

its all perfect except for one part, Pass side near the Pillar, it seems it gets around the weatherstripping from the inside. if that makes sense. like inbetween the headliner and pastic from the t top. the stripping itself is lined up properly i believe. Its just a few drips down the side by the speaker. pisses me off. anybody else have the same thing happen?
Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your talking about the cargo area? Before you start anything you be sure that the trunk is shut all the way, but if it is then t's no big deal.you will need a tube of weatherstripping adheasive, you can find it at any parts store,there are two kinds red and black. I like the black kind seems to be a little tougher.Find a loose area of the stripping and CAREFULLY start to pull it away. Don't remove all of it just a section at a time, about three feet or so. clean the area and apply the adheasive to the little crease inside the weather stripping. Then reattach it, continue to work your way all around. then close the hatch and let it set up.