General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I`m RICH and not cash flow

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 11:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I`m RICH and not cash flow

Little history New motor/Long BlockLS6 forged/FI motor 02 vette cp M6
Evertthing went in well. Idle is not to bad not great. When I try to drive it the car falls on its face. I have been able to do a burnout in the driveway and it sounds great except when I try to drive it ***** on itself . I had the PCM programed for the new motor with mods. To be able to putt around town and break in motor. Here is what I have checked so far.
-Changed O2 sensors
-Changed plugs 3 new sets in less than 5 miles.
-Double checked cam for timing
-swapped MAF
-Verified spark at all plugs and (ran in the dark to make sure no spark jumping)
-Checked all intercooler tubing for possible loose clamps.
-Pulled push rods and rockers everthing straight.
-Changed header gasket to verrify no exhaust leaks at headers.
-Checked fuel pressure at 4K constant 52 PSI
-made sure temp gauge working properly
-Changed little air tube gasket on headers also.
-Checked for any leaking around injectors.
I am at my witts end with this thing . I starting to believe it may be a possible vacuum leak. The only thing I can think of is with the burnout the supercharger goes into boost. The positve pressure on manifold from boost compensates for any vacuum leak? I may be talking out my *** now? Looking for ideas. I have a new set of O2 sensors and wanna try this again if I find some helpful info.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it can be a vacumm leak or any leak after the maf....any unmetered air will cause the pcm to run the car rich....
Old 03-17-2007, 11:55 AM
9 Second Club

Bad news I pulled the intake this morning and did not see anything around the seals that would indidcate a leak. I checked the main vacuum hose and the little vacuum line on the back of the intake all are okay. Really starting to run into a wall now Got a can of carb spray gonna put it back together tonight and try and run it Sun and spray around the throttle body to see if anything shows up.
From my searches most rich conditions seem to have started from O2 sensors being bad. I have read through a few that mentioned the coolant temp sensor and also alot where showing plug problems. I have no wires near my headers. Looking for a couple more options. Thanks
Old 03-17-2007, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

It appears the easter bunny came early!!!!!!! I was cleanning the throttle body up real good and I have the LS6 intake with the plug nipple on the throttle body. I was spraying the inside and carb cleaner came a flying out the side of the nipple. Turn it over and the ******* nipple hose is split. I dont know how it happened or when it happened but I hope that is the cause of my ******* problem. Never in a milliion years would have thought of that little nipple end in the passenger side front of throttle body .