General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Trunk space wet..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk space wet..

The water isnt leaking through the weather stripping or the window, there is no signs of water trails anywhere but the trunk space still gets wet somehow. Could is be a possible leak through the screw on bolt that holds the tailights up? I was messing with it a couple of months back and when i went to put it back, it stuck out farther than the other tailight, but i was like screw it..
Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

spoiler?!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

hm.. ill check that out tomorrow since the garage light is horrible
Old 04-05-2007, 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the actual plug at the bottom still there? its right at the bottom to prevent water coming in. Check that from underneath.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
Is the actual plug at the bottom still there? its right at the bottom to prevent water coming in. Check that from underneath.
That is what I am thinking, if it doesnt come from up top, try the bottom, clean and dry the area and run a hose over it, in all the crevaces and gaps, make the leak re-occur.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had...well still have a similar problem. i couldnt track it down using a water hose, but i did discover that if you can some how leave the front end higher than the back it wont leak...weird i know..but it worked for me.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_n_tx
i had...well still have a similar problem. i couldnt track it down using a water hose, but i did discover that if you can some how leave the front end higher than the back it wont leak...weird i know..but it worked for me.

Thats due to the fact as the water as its goes between the quater panel and trunk lid, it goes down and around the tail lights and down the bumper, thats why it always leaves a mess on the bumper
Old 04-05-2007, 09:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
THERE are 2 plugs..had that problem before...had it sprayed evenly with undercoating..no leaks..and MUCH quieter..should have done this a long time ago..
Old 04-08-2007, 02:33 AM
Teching In

I was also having this issue and it ended up being the weather stripping. On the end closest to the bumper push on either side of the weather stripping you will find that they have pulled away from the metal strip that holds them. Every time I open my trunk I push them into place then shut the trunk. May not be the same problem you have but I couldn't locate a trail of water either. Hope this helps.