General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Interior Lights Won't Shut Off

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Lights Won't Shut Off

Well I recently replaced my altnator and belt tensioner. Well after that my underbody lights wouldn't stop blinking. I think it messed up the control box on them. So I kept taking the fuse out everytime I shut my car off so it wouldn't kill the battery. Well the other day my friend noticed my interior lights wouldnt shut off. So I keep having to take the fuse out. Anybody know what could be causing this? I checked the white things on the door that goin in when u close it and they aren't broken off or anything. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Craig
Old 04-29-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Bump.............

=\
Old 04-30-2007, 09:54 AM
Launching!

?????
Old 04-30-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Craiggg
?????
Can u remove those switches and test for continuity?
What about the one in the hatch? My lights turn on when I open my hatch. Must be a switch there. I've never seen it however. As for the door switches my T/A has em well hidden cause I can't see em. Last thing to check for is the interior light switch. On my T/A its part of the thumbwheel that dims/brightens my instrument panel. Scroll it all the way up even with all of the doors closed and presto interior lights come on. Good Luck.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

This might sound dumb, but it took me 30min to figure out once: Is the little switch by the headlight switch up all the way? The one that dims and brightens the backlight on the gauges? I bumped it up in the daytime when the headlights were down and didnt notcie it until i went into my house and they were on at night. Kept closing all the doors and finally turned that little **** down and they went off. Check for obvious stuff like doors and trunk closed and that switch. The only thing I can think of. So it's just your interior lights now? All of them? Did you mess up an install on underbody lights?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

Figures, it takes me so long to type someone beat me to the thumbwheel switch by 7 min.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Launching!

What a good idea. I'll check it out before I goto work here in a few min. I didn't mess up my install my altnator went out and somehow unhooking the battery and all that messed up my control box. But i'll check it out and let you guys know later on tonight if that was the problem.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zo6iscool
This might sound dumb, but it took me 30min to figure out once: Is the little switch by the headlight switch up all the way? The one that dims and brightens the backlight on the gauges? I bumped it up in the daytime when the headlights were down and didnt notcie it until i went into my house and they were on at night. Kept closing all the doors and finally turned that little **** down and they went off. Check for obvious stuff like doors and trunk closed and that switch. The only thing I can think of. So it's just your interior lights now? All of them? Did you mess up an install on underbody lights?
I did the same damn thing. The pisser was I could have sworn I checked that switch so I kept running around fing with the doors etc. Finally my friend came and hit that switch and everything turned off, it was hilarious because I SWORE I already tried that.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

You find out the problem yet? still curious.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Launching!

Well when I went out to my car I messed with the switch first but it wasn't clicked up to where all the lights are on. Maybe it was but I moved it down after i took the fuse back out but its working fine now.

Quick Reply: Interior Lights Won't Shut Off