General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Driver's Side T-top Rattle:S

Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Side T-top Rattle:S

Finally got my car out of storage the other day, and drove home without any weird noises. The car has SLP subframe connectors, they were installed last year, there bolted and welded into place.

The other night I went out and after I got gas I went for a little cruise and noticed that the drivers side t-top is rattling, it never did this last year and it didn't do it on the way home from picking it up from storage, it's ANNOYING the hell out of me over each bump it does the loud Single Rattle noice similar to a pop sound sort of.

I tried locking them, that didn't make a difference, so I tried holding the plastic piece over a few bumps and sure enough it went away by holding it.

Is there a fix for this guys? or is it a LIVE WITH IT AND CRANK THE STEREO LOUDER? does anyone else have this problem even with subframes? the car only has 4000 miles now.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Regular

DAMN 4000 miles...Well my car has 40000 miles,lol, and the t's kind of creek,not rattle, annoys the hell out of me.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 AM
Launching!

ya it's getting really annoying, anyone else know of a fix or have the same problem?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

Well since you obviously never drive the car...only drive with the t-tops off. Problem solved, no more t-top rattle
On a serious note, theres not much you can do, I've tried adjusting and greasing and they still have a little creak too them. If it's an actual rattle, check the obvious like the screws holding the plastic covers on, then make sure they are latching down all the way. Unfortunately, they'll probaby always make some noise, even with the SFC's.

Last edited by 01pewterbird; 05-01-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Staging Lane

Pull off the plastic piece and I bet it goes away. Then get creative with some black adhesive backed felt (Walmart craft area) until you get rid of the noise.

If you're lazy and yet hard core, try expandafoam (please don't think I'm serious).
Old 05-01-2007, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had great luck in getting ride of the rattle/squeeking in the t-top area, by squirting some wd-40 inside each of the slot holes, and also on the metal slot that holds the t-top onto the roof.

Spray wd-40 in all 4 of those holes, works here.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I leave my car in the sun for half an hour and all the noises go away.

Search this Thread