General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

!AIR and inspection

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default !AIR and inspection

my air system was deleted a long time ago but the little air motor is still in and i want to remove the entire system and components for weight loss and to get rid of that annoying little wind that kicks in often. but will i fail inspection or is there another way around that?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 AM
Launching!

Do you have a visual inspection in TX?
Old 05-02-2007, 07:34 AM
On the tree

DEpends on what the inspection process is like in TX and how well the inspector knows the cars and if they know what to look for.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

It will depend on where you go; Texas does have a visual that can be strict. The normal franchise type shops (brake check etc.) that you see everywhere will probably not pass you. Find a mom and pop type place. I lived in San Antonio for 4 years, moved last June. The place I went to was great. I didn't even have to get out of the car. Pull up, honk horn, wipers, lights, brights, parking lights, turn signals, brake lights and done. One minute inspection.

Last edited by wicknewman; 05-02-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

If you remove it you will have to tune out the 'check engine' light codes. The pump is hidden away enough to where you can get away with the visual part of the inspection unless the tech is real ****. I would leave the rest of the plumbing alone as it is not very heavy and is very visible, you won't have a problem as long as your AIR check valves are working properly. The pump is designed to run during cold startups only, but if you live in a very cold climate or you run lower than normal fan temps or cooler t-stats it may come on during normal driving. It just helps reduce cold-engine emissions as your engine is designed to run richer during cold start-ups.