General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

stuttering/bucking ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stuttering/bucking ????

ok this isnt a LS1 but i always seem to get good info from you guys on here for anything. i have a 1998 blazer zr2. 4.3 v6

my truck has started bucking/ stuttering as i accelerate. usually i feel it most in 1st and 2nd gear as i stay steady on the gas the truck just stutters and feels like it has little dead spots and if i happen to get on the gas hard i will hear it pop real loud like small backfires once the rms come up. i do feel it at highway speed also but its less noticeable. i also notice if i drive the truck after about 45 mins it stops doing this and is normal. not sure what would cause this. ive also noticed a miss at idle. the truck will idle but once every like 20 seconds i get a bad miss where it shakes and my rpms drop like 100 for a second. i have run seafoam through it a while ago tank and direct thru brake booster. i put new ngk v-power plugs in it. and ive tried different gas grades and stations to see if it was bad gas. nuttin has fixed it yet only thing i haven't done is change the fuel filter. could the fuel filter cause this if its getting clogged? what else can i check before i gotto being it to the mechanic.

Thanks in advance for any tips
Ryan
Old 05-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Launching!

Maybe you have a loose battery terminal cable or a loose ground wire lurking somewhere? might be a loose cale to the underhood fuse box. check those.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by venom346
Maybe you have a loose battery terminal cable or a loose ground wire lurking somewhere? might be a loose cale to the underhood fuse box. check those.

I have this exact same problem mine is in first and second gear only from about 15 to 1700 RPMs and I have no idea what is causing it please help the harder I accelerate from a stop the worse the problem is but if I take off easily I barely notice it
Old 05-10-2017, 07:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carpentertrav
I have this exact same problem mine is in first and second gear only from about 15 to 1700 RPMs and I have no idea what is causing it please help the harder I accelerate from a stop the worse the problem is but if I take off easily I barely notice it
What kind of car

Quick Reply: stuttering/bucking ????