General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

SES Light, Water Leakage, Headlight motor buzzing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Light, Water Leakage, Headlight motor buzzing?

That pretty much sums up the problem. I'd been experiencing a water leaking into the passenger side (drips down the carpet right under the glove box, and pools on floorboard), but only when I've been running my A/C. Just last night, I turn my car off, and right after, my headlights will flip back up, but not turn on, then flip down, and there's this awful buzzing coming from near the driver's side headlight. I'm taking it into the shop today, but does anyone have a clue what sort of problems that I'm experiencing? Thanks guys
Old 05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

The buzzing is a stripped gear in the headlight motor. I once had the same problem when my gear was stripped, for some reason when the gear was stripped it must have thrown off the electronics from the motors prolonged running becuase when I would hit the lock on the keyless it would lift the headlights up and down. After fixing the gear it stopped. A temporary and more permanent fix to the headlight motor can be found at http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/
As for the A/C leaking in the car I have no clue
Old 05-17-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AC condensate tube sounds like it's clogged - bet it's not dripping water at the passenger side firewall outside the car while AC is on.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
The AC condensate tube sounds like it's clogged - bet it's not dripping water at the passenger side firewall outside the car while AC is on.
How can I check this? I've read where messing with the A/C system can be a tricky situation. What would it be clogged with? I've got a Clymer manual at home and will read up on it later, but am also open to recommendations/suggestions from people who have done it as well and have different methods.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The AC produces water that needs to drain outside the car - just like your home AC does, just part of the process of cooling. The drain isn't under pressure, just drips out - it's very hard to find though, need to get under the car to find it. Just probe the drain gently with something similar to a pipe cleaner and when cleared will drain whatever water is still in the box. I've had to clean small leaves out of my blower box before, don't know how they manage to get in there. Don't have a pic of the LS1 drain, but here's what it looks like on a LT1: http://shbox.com/1/a_c_drain.jpg
Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome! Damn, that drain hole is small. Could def be leaves, I know I've found a dried leaf or two in places I wouldn't have imagined possible. Thanks!
Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the same issue right now!! Anybody have a better pic or way as how to get to the drain hole....
Old 09-14-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, i got to the drain hole and it didnt seem to be clogged up. I think maybe because i didnt run the a/c for a couple of day to dry out the carpet. Maybe, whatever was in there fell out........Gonna run the a/c today and see what happens.