General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need Help With Temp Gauge Issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Temp Gauge Issue

When I was changing my spark plugs I broke the ECT sensor on my car. I got the SES light and replaced the sensor the next day. About 2 weeks later the gauge started to die intermittently and the car ran really rich and rough when it wasn't working. So I replaced the sensor again and it fixed the problem for about 3 days. Now the gauge is just dead and I have the SES light back on. I checked the wires and connections, they are all good. I even swapped my PCM out with a new one to see if that was the issue. Nothing changed. Is it a wiring issue? I am at a total loss.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

What kind of guage is it? Im having issues with my B&M guage.Temp needle goes up to temp then drops to zero.Sometimes when i first start my car it goes straight to 160deg then it drops to zero,but anyways my shop rec. autometer over the B&M,so thats what im gonna install
Old 05-28-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

It is the stock gauge. I know the stocker is a dummy gauge, but it is making my car run rough and I am a little afraid to drive it till I get this issue fixed.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

Today I got in my car to come home and the gauge worked for about 30 seconds then died again. I think the problem might be in the wiring?