General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Crazy electrical issues...HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy electrical issues...HELP!

This is the second time this has happened on this car....From time to time the display on my radio goes haywire and you can't make anything out and if you leave it alone for a while it goes back to normal. My drivers side window has just recently decided to go about 95% of the way up and stop and if you wait a while and then it will roll up the rest of the way, but the main problem is that the last time it did this I replaced the battery (because it wouldn't start) and everything has been fine for about three months and this morning I had to jump it off because it wouldn't start again. Could it be one of the relay's??? WTF
Old 06-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Teching In

I can't tell you exactly what it is but if it was mine I would look for the simple stuff first. Are the connections on the battery clean? Are all of the ground points on the car connect, in good shape and clean? Are the connector fully engage? How do the fuses look? The last time you fixed it you disconnected the battery. This will reset the computer, try just disconnecting the battery again. Turn the car to run DO NOT START IT and remove the negative lead from the battery. Wait one minute reconnect and see what problem is still there. There is a computer teaching procedure that you can follow to "Re-teach" the car or you can go out and drive it. It also sounds like you might have a high resistance short some where. It could be in the alternator, have this checked. Problems like this is 90% of very simple things.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

I definitely thinking it has a short somewhere and yes I've already checked all the other things. However, I have no clue how or where to check for a short (I'm electrically ignorant as hell).
Old 06-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Here is a thread about monsoon display issues:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wiring-stereo-electronics/537742-monsoon-radio-trouble.html

Here is a thread about replacing power window motors:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=18