General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WTF is wrong with my turn signal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WTF is wrong with my turn signal?

My pass. side turn signal quit working. When you turn it on it stays on solid. The front bulb was busted so I changed that to see if that was the problem but it doesn't help. The bulb works but the turn signal stays solid. My back signal light comes on and stays on solid but the front bulb doesn't turn on.

Also when I activate/deactivate my alarm the front pass. bulb turns on. It turns on when the car is parked and the keys are turned on to ACC power, but when I'm driving it doesn't turn on.

My driver's side signal works fine.

Is it the flasher? If it's the flasher why does my driver's side work fine?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gm uses crimp connectors to connect the wiring harness wires to the front turn signal bulb socket wires. Take the bulb socket out of the front like you're gonna change the bulb, but then unwrap the electrical tape leading to the socket and you'll find a crimp connection a few (10?) inches back. I bet water got in there and ruined the crimp connection. Get a new wiring crimp/twist/posi-lock of your choice and fix the connection if that's what it is.

Also, you know that the bulbs have two circuits in them, one is a daytime running light filament and the other is the blinker, both in the same bulb. So even if both filaments are good, you can have a broken connection but part of the bulb still works.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check out this sticky:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....18&postcount=7