General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

radiator pressure tester

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default radiator pressure tester

I am thinking about buying a radiator pressure tester. (found a little Dexcool puddle on the garage floor, passenger side, about a foot or so back from the front of the SS hood scoop - sounds like the water pump is dying at 97K mi). I haven't had time to look underneath yet.

Anyone know if the 4th gen (or specifically a 2002) Camaro uses a Type A radiator cap? I am looking at the Stant 12270 Tester and would like to know if the adapter that comes with the tester will work.

If a sponsor has the tester please let me know, otherwise I found one here for $69 SJ Discount Tools. A better description is here:
Amazon also $69 or here Tool King

Advance Auto says that they will loan you one, but if I use it on a couple vehicles that's my justification / excuse for yet another tool.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a worthy investment, although you might not get the result you are looking for on your car. The weephole or the gaskets may hold up while testing and try to trick you. Not always true, but can sometimes cause wonder. These waterpump weepholes and gaskets sometimes just leak on cool down and only a little bit. Try your hardest to see a dex trail on the block, or around the balancer. Either way, a tool is a tool.....get it!!