General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Squeaking from passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking from passenger side

I had my passenger side front QA1 sent back to get revalved. After I had it revalved there's been a squeaking noise coming from my passenger side wheel area everytime I hit a bump or a dip in the road. I tried greasing my lower A arm bushings and my uper A arms but, to no avail theres still a squeaking noise. I purchased a set of lower A arm poly bushings and when I tried to put them on Saturday I noticed what looked like a yellowish clear oil all over the shaft of my QA1. Could my strut actually be making the squeaking noise because it might be leaking? Also to change out my lower A arm bushings do I need to take my sway bar and tie rod off? How do I get the back bolt on the lower A arm off? It lifts up but hits the body frame and I cant get it all the way out.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is possible that your strut is making the squeaking noise,and to take your lower control arm you do have to take your sway bar link off and your tie rod so it can just drop down.But to take the bolt out im not so sure i never done that.