General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car Wont Crank - LT1 Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wont Crank - LT1 Please Help

I tried searching, but it seems like it's easier to world hunger than make a search anymore...

The problem, go to turn the key to the final stage and crank, but the car wont crank. Always started on the first turn. I get all electrical power but no crank. Engine does nothing. Battery is fine.

What I did. The only thing I did to it was wire the fan to a switch coming off the ignition spot on the interior fuse pannel. I blew 2 fuses installing the switch. One was the curtisy lights, and the other was the guages. Now I replaced the fuses, and even tried it with the fan disconnected. So I reconnected the fan switch to the fuse box, and still nothing. The car started before I wired the fan, but why would this cause the car to not crank???

The only other thing I did was clean up some grounds under the hood. I took the ground from my MSG ignition that was on a bolt nutted to the motor and moved it to the frame. . .

Possibilities???
Old 07-24-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Regular

are you getting spark? check your starter to see if everything is connected right.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by krayzie7th
are you getting spark? check your starter to see if everything is connected right.
I good try.

Well when I decided to install that cooling fan which threw all my guesses way off..... And just happened to be something that no one guessed. If you didn't read the facts, the stats are below. The car was originaly a 4L60E and had the L32 V6. Out put 160@4600 hp. The tranny and engine were swapped with an LT1 putting 305@5200, and T56 rebuilt. When we went to start the car, it just turned and did nothing. So.. I realized that the "in gear" safty was on... (my father suggested that in an over the phone troubleshoot.) When moving the center counsil the slider was in gear position most likely, and slid it to where park would be, car fired right up.

I felt like my car asked me a trick question...

It's mistakes like this one that will kick your ***
Old 07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

hahah thats crazy, well thats good that you figured it out.