General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Im having a Squeaking kinda like a knockin

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Im having a Squeaking kinda like a knockin

I am having a squeaking kinda like a slight knocking in the engine sounds like its comming from the front of the engine , so i pulled the engine outta the car and pulled the oil pan and everything as far as the pistons and rods and crank seem to be good .. As i will let you know This is a Brand new Ls2 Engine with about 13000 miles on it .. so i pulled the front engine cover off and seem when i spun the flex plate in the rear of the engine .. it sounds like the Timing chain has alot of play in it and sounds like its clicking in the gears ... im just kinda wondering what everyone would think about it ... please let me know .. thanks much ..
Old 08-04-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default ok found it out

Ok I got the Problem figured out .. took the head off on the Passenger side and found that Piston #7 was Chipped off at the top and i could see the ring , which im guessing was causing piston slap ...

Now my other Question is what kinda pistons should i go with now ? please someone give me some opinions of some good pistons i should Put Back in this 6.0L 364CI , LS2 engine ? i would appriciate anything thanks ...
Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Piston chipped

Let me Rephrase that i took the Head off the Driver Side