General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Help Me Find My Leak!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Help Me Find My Leak!!!!!

I posted this over in the convertable section, but it doesnt get a lot of traffic over there so I figured Id try it here as well. Recently I noticed that when it rains that the rear drivers side floor gets compleatly soaked. Its right where the floor mat would go. None of the areas around it are wet, and theres no dripping leak coming from the top. Under the rear seat is dry, under the drivers seat is dry, even the driveshaft hump is dry. I cant figure out where water would get in to soak just the little floor mat area. Any help would be appreciated....especailly since its supposed to storm for the next 2 days
Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Resident

sounds dumb but I did this. Mine was puddling up in that area, so I finally got fed up and took it to the body shop. they found it coming from the amp power wire I ran through the grommet under the PCM. It was actually soaked under the carpet on the whole passenger side. but some RTV and air drying took care of it!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Did you check the front floor on the driver's side? Was the car parked on a slant? Did you try to blow any crud out of the drain tubes? Open the trunk just after a rain or after washing the car and see where any extra water drains. Often, it comes down by the speakers, onto the rear floor. If that's the case, it could be the trucnk gasket, or possibly the wing that needs re-sealing.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Resident

Actually I did just run a thick wire for the wideband through that grommet. Ill check that when its sunny out. Was the rest of the carpet wet to the touch, or was it just that area on the drivers side back seat?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

it was just behind the seat where I could see it. but when I pulled the seat and carpet up everything was wet underneath. If that's the case you have to let it air out til it's COMPLETELY dry. I ended up removing some of the insulation to make it go quicker lol. You may want to shampoo the carpet too if there's any mold buildup.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Resident

Damn. I hope I dont have to rip all that up, but Ill double check that grommet today. Im still at a loss though about how it can come in at the front of the pass footwell and puddle behind the drivers seat w/o making anything else at least damp to the touch.