General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

losing oil

Old 08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default losing oil

the other day as i was driving my low oil light came on when i pulled over to check it i was 2.5 almost 3 quarts low i lost all that oil in a matter of 2 maybe 3 weeks since the last time i checked it. the problem i have is i dont know where the oil went my car doesnt smoke and there is no sign of it leaking out any where. my car is a 99 t/a with just over 98000 on it i have a warrenty that covers any internaly lubricated part and my deductable is only $100. any suggestions on what the problem could be and what to do about it would help.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Could be the rings, I have a consumption problem too, just not as drastic. The LS1 is known to eat oil, especially if you drive it hard. There is a fixed orafice PCV valve that you can try, I just installed it on Thursday, its got a smaller opening, supposed to cut down on consumption. Part number is 12572717

Give it a shot, if that doesnt help, Id say it had to do with how the rings are seated. Also, check the rear main seal.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

i know its not leaking oil because there is no oil under the car any where. ill try that part and see if it helps

Search this Thread