General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need Some Help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Some Help...

I was wondering if anyone can help me out here, and let me know what the problem is, or could be????

Ive noticed that when im driving sometimes, ill press the gas a lil more and the RPM is going up, but the car is not going any faster. At 1st, i thought i accidently shifted into Nuetral cuz you could hear the engine revin up some, but that wasnt it. Then there's time's when im taking off and im giving it the gas pretty good, to get up to 70mph but it's going pretty slow then like out of nowhere you feel tha power just kick in.

Could it be the "Transmission Oil & Filter" needing to be changed??? Ive just changed the Oil & put a new Fuel Filter.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Badguy7
"Transmission Oil & Filter" needing to be changed???
That would be my next step. Hopfully that's all you'll need to do.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You don't say if it's an A4 or M6. (automatic or manual shift). If it's an Auto, do a service, change the fluid and filter or have it done. If manual tranny, sounds like the clutch is slipping.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Oh, it's an Automatic.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

You should go down the main page to the Automatic Transmition page and ask for advice on what to do and where to take it in case there is more going on than the fluid/filter change. I don't service my own Autotrans.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Addict

I'd start with a filter and fluid change to start but it sounds like your tranny is slipping.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:43 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yup sounds lik ur filter if im not mistakin not enough oil is feeding the valve body and distributing the fluid because of a clogged filter check that out
Old 08-15-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

I also forgot to mention my "Service Engine Soon" light is on, it was originally on becuz of the "Fuel Filter" but i remember the light went out, then it recently came back on. I changed "Fuel Filter" but light's still on. So it just may be the "Transmission Filter". Im going to change it and see what happen's.

It was a used car when i got it, so i wouldnt know when the last time the filter was changed. So this could be the problem. Thanx guy's ill let you know if this was the problem in a day or 2. When i get this checked out.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Just out of curiousity, how many miles does it have? Oh, this is probably not "it" but its related. I have had a bad seal between the trans filter neck and the seal insert the valve body causing some slipage, even after a new fluid and filter change. must have damaged the insert seal when installing it. Another filter and seal fixed it. unlikely here but worth a look.
Im sure everybody else that posted here is on the right track.