General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

catch can with no oil?????????? wtf

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 04:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default catch can with no oil?????????? wtf

hay guys i have been running a catch can on my car for a about a month or two running the pcv valve b4 the can and using the fixed oriface pcv and i had plenty of oil in my catch can but i noticed the catch can was leakin some oil throgh the fittings and sstuff so i got all that 100% sealed and i got the entire pcv system 100% sealed, b4 i used to have leaks in the pcv but now ever since it has been sealed good i have not even got a drop of oil in my catch can?? o and by the way i even switched back to the factory pcv valve too the one with the check ball, and its very weird that the catch can just has no oil, it collected a good amount of oil when i had a shitty workin pcv system!! but what can this be it makes me confused as to what the problem may be?? thanks
Old 08-25-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's a little worrisome because if the can is stopping the crankcase flow it seems you would start to blow seals.

My little catch can was drawing water. Pure, clean water from the pcv line. That finally stopped and now it's collecting nothing at all. I will say this though; the car has never shown that it uses oil but when I took the intake off to replace my h/c, it was all coated. Seems I should be getting at least a few drops.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

the weird part is i used to get oil in the can until i sealed up all the leaks on my fittings and everything and pcv line! now its been a week or so and not even one 2 drops!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

or could it be cuz i switched back to the stock pcv valve because i was running the fixed oriface one

Quick Reply: catch can with no oil?????????? wtf