General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ground Locations

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ground Locations

Does any one have a drawing of where all the ground locations are located on a 2001 Camaro LS1? I'm still having Electrical Problems with my car. Just picked it up from the dealer ship and they still did not fix my problem. I would like to check all the grounds myself. So far the dealer changed alternator battery cables. Changed the RPMs at IDLE. But it still is having issues with the car is at idle or park running. Voltage gauge jumps all over the place and light flickering. Seems to happen when the car get hot.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

im having a similair issue, idle kinda low.. bogging down a bit, voltage meter jumpin everywhere lights flickering... i have found a ground wire hangin down below the motor.. seems like one end is grounded on the block.. i cant find out where the other end needs to be though... help us out someone :\ lights flickin bugs the **** outta me
Old 09-08-2007, 10:44 PM
On The Tree

Hope I'm not too late. I compiled this list myself from the Helm manual for my own use. It is as accurate as I can understand so it may contain some errors. If anyone finds any errors, please feel free to correct them.

G100 On the lower right side of the engine, above the starter, below exhaust ports (links directly from battery to chassis)
G101 Front of the driver-side strut tower (EBCM, also has a direct link to battery)
G102 Front of the passenger-side strut tower (ASM)
G105 On top right side of the radiator support (ignition relay, RH lamps and horn, RH Firebird headlamp doors)
G106 On top left side of the radiator support (LH lamps, washer/wiper, DRL, brake fluid level, EBCM, cooling fans and relays, AIR pump, LH Firebird headlamp doors)
G109 Left front frame rail, forward of the brake pressure modulator valve bracket (cruise control, also links to G111)
G110 Attached to the rear of the right cylinder head (fuel pump relay, PCM, MAF, oil level, Park/neutral/clutch position switch, Instrument cluster, TCS)
G111 on the left side of the engine, behind the alternator, below exhaust ports (ground link to G109)
G112 Attached to the rear of the left cylinder head (A/C clutch and diode, coil packs, O2 sensors)
G200 Near the left A-pillar, bolted to the IP mounting stud behind the kick panel (all interior switches, all interior lights, rear mirrors, instrument cluster, steering wheel controls, cig lighter, blower motor relay, radio, BCM, Amp, DRL, seat belts, shock sensor, DLC)
G201 Near the right A-pillar, bolted to the IP mounting stud behind the kick panel (blower motor, convertible top)
G202 Under center console, rear of the airbag module, to the right of e-brake (airbag module)
G305 Left rocker panel, under the door seal (fuel tank unit, power seats switches)
G310 On the roof, left of the dome lamp (rear defogger and 3rd brake light in coupe)
G320 On the roof (rear defogger in convertible)
G400 Bolted to the trunk release mechanism on the rear trunk wall (tail lamps, turn signals and rear trunk lid, convertible 3rd brake light)

Note: This is for US model V8 Camaro only
- G110 and G112 are different in V6
- G400 is slightly different in Firebird

Quick Reply: Ground Locations