General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Vats/ security light ?

Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vats/ security light ?

Ok this is a bit long but plz read all if u have time. I bought the car from a buddy he broke the key off into solenoid i could still use the other half but the car would always think the keys were in the car so doors would chime and id have to manually lock doors. that got old so i bought a new solenoid/key put it in and thats when it got worse. doors still chime as if there was a key in it blah blah blah but now the security light stays on even when im driving it never goes off unless car is off. ive read through post after post no one has the same issue i have. cuz even though my security light stays on my car starts normally everytime other ppl have to wait the 3 mins (knock on wood) the security light, doors chiming when its open is driving me nuts. what is wrong plz help me.....
Old 08-31-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you hook up the white wires for the tabs that read the resistor in the key? I have been told that when the light stays on and the car fires up that the VATS is in a sleep mode. it happend to my car, had a broken white wire.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vats/ security light ?