General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

window motor

Old 09-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window motor

i am having troubles getting my window motor out on my drivers side im following the manufacters service manual and having no luck does any have any advice so far it is a pain goin no where
thanx
Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

these are the best instructions
http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html
Old 09-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Teching In

thanks alot that is definatly giving me a better idea on that , thanx alot
Old 09-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

there is a sticky on this, I just used it the other day, and I have to say it made it so easy I couldn't believe it.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 140 Posts

Here is the sticky:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....1&postcount=18
Old 09-04-2007, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you have any alignment problems with the window glass after the install, pm me. i made a write up that will get your window to seal up better against your t-tops when you roll it up.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely follow shoebox's instructions. I did mine the hard way, took all afternoon to get the thing done and was a huge pain. Wish I found his instructions before I did my window.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just did this today. My local Autozone had two different motors, both under the same part number (one of which was listed as the Siemens part number).

I work in automotive and know Siemens to be a decent automotive supplier.

But the Autozone dude brought out two different motors, in different boxes, under the that same part number.

Both were made in South Korea (which is ok but not ideal).

One was an OEM type, all steel construction. The newer looking design had a cast aluminum body and appeared to be of better quality in terms of the composite parts and overall design.

So, I think there is a new style design out there that might have some merits over the all-steel OEM style design. I am not sure how much sealing integrity (from moisture) has to do with the motor failures, but if so, I think the new design should be quite a bit better.

I went with the new design based upon the design features, and the fact that it also included mounting bolts with lock washers, which the other motor did not. I'm not sure if one is really that much better than the other, but if you know much about automotive parts, it doesn't make sense to tool up to make a different design, so there must be some reason that drove the use of the new design. Especially since the aluminum body has to be more costly.

Take care when buying.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

yeah i had to replace one window motor on my old 95 Formie and both of them on my T/A...such a pain, but very easy once you do the first one. I used the Shbox walkthrough and had absolutely no problem...i would say the most frustrating thing is lining up the gear for the new window motor in the space it fits in inside the door. From start to finish it took me about 30-40 minutes.

Search this Thread