General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Road noise, vibration, thud noises

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Road noise, vibration, thud noises

I know there is another thread going on about this, but mine is different and I did not want to hijack his thread. My car broke down sat night and I just got it back and now its broken again. Unrelated problem.

It was just vibrating around 50mph, you could feel it through the gas pedal and when I turned left or right it made a clicking noise and vibrated. Then it just got worse and worse. Finally at every speed it was just going thud thud thud thud and the faster I went the quicker it happened and the slower, the slower it happened. You could feel a thud when you turn the wheel left or right. Any ideas? It sounds like its coming from the front driver side area.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Teching In

This may sound dumb, but My car did the exact same thing when some kid went to a bunch of houses in my neighborhood and broke my front lug studs loose on my wheel. First I could just feel it in the gas pedal, then it started to get worse and started shaking the whole car. A bunch of my neighbors had this happen to them as well, I am just glad that my wheel didnt fall off because it ended up breaking three of the studs. on the drivers side. Hope this helped
Old 09-20-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

YEP! A lug broke off my car.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by motoo344
YEP! A lug broke off my car.

Awesome.