General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Fogs on a '97 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fogs on a '97 Camaro

I'm replacing the fog light assemblies on my 97 Z28.

How does one go about doing this?

~Jordan~
Old 09-22-2007, 12:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

97's lt1... it should be fairly easy. I dont remember exactly, but on my 93 it had a screw or two holding the fog light on. And of course there was a connection for the light. It should be pretty self explanitory, just get under there and look. If you are really stumped, and no one else responds take a pic and post it. I havent had my 93 for 2-3 years, but im sure if i see it ill remember.

infact, when you buy the new ones... take a look at them, should give you a good idea to what you will have to do to get the old ones off.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, thanks man!

I was thinking I was going to have to pull the lower valance to make it work b/c of the rivets that hold the light from the sides along with the torx headed adjustment bolt seem to be near impossible to get to otherwise.

I appreciate the help! I forgot to show any props b/c I've been up all night working on a friend's Trail-Blazer( ), so I hope I didn't come off as an ungrateful douce.

~Jor-dan~
Old 09-22-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mchale2020
Alright, thanks man!

I was thinking I was going to have to pull the lower valance to make it work b/c of the rivets that hold the light from the sides along with the torx headed adjustment bolt seem to be near impossible to get to otherwise.

I appreciate the help! I forgot to show any props b/c I've been up all night working on a friend's Trail-Blazer( ), so I hope I didn't come off as an ungrateful douce.

~Jor-dan~
No hard feelings. I just remember doing it in like 30 min my first time with little to no mechanical experience. You sound like you could find your way around a garage... you'll be fine.