General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window

Ok I think this is the right section. I just put some new stabilizers on my driver side window. Now when I go to roll the window up/down it does it in spurts. It will go a little bit then I have to wait about 30 seconds and it goes a bit more and so on. And everyonce in awhile when you move the switch either way then you here this sound coming from under the steering wheel area Any suggestions?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the stabilizers too tight? Might also be just a coincidence and the motor is going? http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html
Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

The clicking/poping is most likely your circuit breaker for the window circuit. You may have a bad drivers side window motor. shoebox has a great run through on how to replace your window motors.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Are the stabilizers too tight? Might also be just a coincidence and the motor is going? http://shbox.com/1/adj_window.html
Well the first thing I tried is loosening the stabilizers and it didn't make a difference.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

My step dad thinks it is the switch shorting out. Any possibility of that?

Last edited by Juje; 10-03-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Could be a couple of things. If your window motor is overheating it will stop and you'll have to wait a minute before it will work. Could be time for a new motor or your window is binding up causing the healthy motor to "overheat", tripping it's internal thermistor . The clicking noise under your dash could also be a result of a bound up window, but i would think the thermistor (correct?) in the motor itself would trip first, therofore no signal would go to the control relay under your dash. Usually i fyou listen closely you will hear most relays "click" when they're powered open or closed.
Sounds to me like you need to check the alignment of your regulator.

What all did you mess with when you replaced your stabilizers? and what exactly are you reffering to when you say stabilizers?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/742699-window-alignment-write-up.html
Old 10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

forgot to mention, you can temporarily swap out the switch from the passenger side to the drivers side if i remember correctly. That would eliminate the switch from the equation.