General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Water in oil help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Water in oil help please

Ok background info, the car is a 94 lt1 transam, rebuilt motor, I let it sit at night and atleast 4 quarts of water got into it. I put oil into it and on startup realized it. This was on inital startup also, the motor has not been in for more than a week and just got cranked a few days ago.

I have done atleast ten oil changes and it still comes out creamy white, even without the radiator on or no water in it. The level always stays the same, it does not show any signs of a bad headgasket, takes a while to warm up , oil pressure is good, and no overheating.

So my question is , after all of these oil changes why is my oil still milky white? Is this just some weird chevy thing where it takes atleast two hundred dollars in oil to get the water out or what. I have also gotten some weird suggestions on what to do, one guy told me to run it and all the water would evaporate, when checking the dipstick the oil looks fine though, its just when you drain it. You can put it on your fingers and rub it and it goes back to the same complection as 10w40.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried putting some seafoam into the crankcase? I believe it is supposed to remove moisture from the oil as well as cleanse. Run it for a few miles and then dump it. Hopefully it will get rid of the residual moisture. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than 60 quarts of oil
Old 10-08-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely it's still getting in there, be it head gasket or otherwise. I have a 96 Grand Am with the 3.1 and my lower intake manifold gasket went and this happened. I fixed it, did an oil change immediately (disgusting oil), did another one a week later with Sea Foam (less disgusting oil), and another like a month later (it looked fine).
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Water in the oil doesnt sound good, somthing definitely internal. I know you probably don't want to but I would re-pull the engine to be safe. I got a gut feeling you have a hairline crack at the head gasket, or something is allowing coolant to pass into your crankcase.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think you can use a cylinder leakage tester on all of your cylinders, to see if you can get your coolant level to rise, if it does you know you have an internal leak you can't see, just a suggestion
Old 10-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Staging Lane

Probably not head gasket. Usually intake gasket issue (wrong one used, or misaligned, especially since new rebuild). DO NOT run the motor with creamy oil. You Will fry the bearings. Yes, if you have changed out the oil more than 2 times and it's still white, it is still leaking in. Did I read your first post correctly - are you running the motor with no coolant in it?
Do the basics...compression test rules out head gaskets, check torque of intake.
I have heard of cracked head causing this, which would require teardown.
Good luck